Mass Effect makes me Mass Erect

by Dell on February 1st, 2017, 8:07 am
Dell

by Dell on February 1st, 2017, 8:07 am

The greatest franchise of all time is back bitches.

Only a month from release, my pussy is so wet.

Mitsukashira

by Mitsukashira on February 1st, 2017, 3:50 pm

After Bioware's last few games, I'm skeptical of this one. I haven't REALLY enjoyed Mass Effect since the first one, even if the gameplay was better in the other two. I'm not optimistic that the magic is still there, and I can't expect them to put out a good story anymore. I'm mostly looking forward to the multiplayer, because I was almost crack addicted to the multiplayer in the third game.

Dell

by Dell on February 1st, 2017, 6:33 pm

Mitsukashira
After Bioware's last few games, I'm skeptical of this one. I haven't REALLY enjoyed Mass Effect since the first one, even if the gameplay was better in the other two. I'm not optimistic that the magic is still there, and I can't expect them to put out a good story anymore. I'm mostly looking forward to the multiplayer, because I was almost crack addicted to the multiplayer in the third game.

Personally I really love Mass Effect 2 the best, I'm working my way the 3 games again before the release of Andromeda. I am kind of sceptical since the little gameplay I have seen has been very open and fast paced, I would prefer if the enclosed environments with tactical combat remained, lots of cover and places to position your squad. Playing on the Insanity difficulty to platinum ME2 and ME3 really showed me how good and satisfying the combat is when you require actual thinking in the usage of the combination of powers/ammo types to combat different defenses, like shield, barrier, armor etc.

I've liked what I saw of the visuals, powers, the social hub areas (like the Citadel, Omega areas in previous games etc) and can't wait to explore those places. I think if anythingis going to let it down it might be story, you are a pathfinder trying to find a new planet for humanity, on the surface it doesn't have the same thrill as fighting the reaper threat in the trilogy but I do have faith in Bioware to get it right.

I believe the multiplayer will be similar to ME3, coop style, side missions that you can do either in the single player or the multi, nothing necessary to play the story but a nice addition.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on February 3rd, 2017, 5:38 am

Dell
I've liked what I saw of the visuals, powers, the social hub areas (like the Citadel, Omega areas in previous games etc) and can't wait to explore those places. I think if anything is going to let it down it might be story, you are a pathfinder trying to find a new planet for humanity, on the surface it doesn't have the same thrill as fighting the reaper threat in the trilogy but I do have faith in Bioware to get it right.

I believe the multiplayer will be similar to ME3, coop style, side missions that you can do either in the single player or the multi, nothing necessary to play the story but a nice addition.

My worry is that environments in this game might be really strange and over the top just to make us feel like we're in a completely foreign galaxy. ME was cool because even though you were dealing with space aliens and future tech, it all felt pretty relatable and human. I can easily see everything in Andromeda being plant like, organic, or having technology that seems really futuristic and unbelievable. That or just having the player fighting animals and blob monsters all day. Some of my least favorite parts of Mass Effect were fighting the giant space worm thing on Tuchanka or in the land rover in ME1. Fighting animals is a cheap way to give the player something to fight without any motivation.

My plot prediction: Boss of game is a planet that's alive with feelings. Shepard has conversation with planet and discovers it's upset, then kills it. Every planet in Andromeda is alive and wants to kill Shepard. Replace Shepard with whatever our character's name is.

Also I haven't looked too much into the story, but am I the only one who thinks it's a little gay that the male and female versions of the main character are brother and sister? And their dad is in the game apparently? I don't even know if this is true, but kinda gay if it is. Would have preferred we pick out our backstory like before.

And what the FUCK is this face?
ImageImage

Dell

by Dell on February 3rd, 2017, 7:43 am

The game has been in development at the same time as No Mans Sky, that’s always been a worry to me after I saw gameplay of roaming around barren planets and finding resources, I hope it’s not drawn out into lots of pointless side quests and become a single player MMO, the balance needs to be right. There is going to be a bunch of new alien races in Andromeda, not sure how sophisticated they will be and/or if there will be AI races like the Geth or what.

It’s true that the main characters are brother and sister, Scott and Sara Ryder. Unlike the other games, the one you don’t choose will still be in the game as a side character in some form or another. The father is the “pathfinder” Alec Ryder, he has significance he was one of the first humans through the Mass Relays when humans first discovered them. I don’t know if it’s confirmed or not, I’ve only been looking into the game since this week, this “Andromeda Initiative” is a kind of fail safe for species of our galaxy, since the Reapers threaten the Milky Way, this is basically an attempt to escape to Andromeda in an event that the Reapers destroy everything here. So we can repopulate the species.

By the way, this is happening during the same time frame of Mass Effect 2, and since traveling to Andromeda takes over 500 years and involves everyone going into cryo sleep, it’s safe to assume Commander Shepard is dead and they (or the ending of ME3) have no significance in this game. It's pretty interesting though, when we wake up from Cryo we're 500 years in the future, we don't know the state of the Milky Way or what's changed.

I’m with you on the animations looking mediocre, Bioware did confirm they were improving the animations though after a lot of people complained about that trailer. Hopefully this delay from November to now has given them enough time to polish all that shit.

This video briefs you as if you have joined the Andromeda Initiative.

Mitsukashira

by Mitsukashira on February 15th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Dell
Mitsukashira

Personally I really love Mass Effect 2 the best, I'm working my way the 3 games again before the release of Andromeda. I am kind of sceptical since the little gameplay I have seen has been very open and fast paced, I would prefer if the enclosed environments with tactical combat remained, lots of cover and places to position your squad. Playing on the Insanity difficulty to platinum ME2 and ME3 really showed me how good and satisfying the combat is when you require actual thinking in the usage of the combination of powers/ammo types to combat different defenses, like shield, barrier, armor etc.

I've liked what I saw of the visuals, powers, the social hub areas (like the Citadel, Omega areas in previous games etc) and can't wait to explore those places. I think if anythingis going to let it down it might be story, you are a pathfinder trying to find a new planet for humanity, on the surface it doesn't have the same thrill as fighting the reaper threat in the trilogy but I do have faith in Bioware to get it right.

I didn't like Mass Effect 2, because it felt like side-quest the game. It all felt really disjointed, and then the actual story was somehow lost in the shuffle. While the suicide mission was really neat, that final boss was really lame. I REALLY liked the Illusive Man, but he just wasn't enough to pull the game together. Even worse was how they ruined him in the third game, and how the third game retroactively ruins him in the second game. That being said, I kinda agree with you about the enclosed environments.

One of the issues I have with ME2 is that none of the environments feel like real places. They're just oddly designed buildings with chest-high walls strewn about. ME1, while ugly as sin, had more environments that at least looked like the might be able to exist. More and more I'm just kinda over the oddly constructed areas that are obviously laid out to be a video game. I'd prefer environments that test the player to make tactical options with more realistic locations. It could really decide whether or not you want to engage someone if you're in a shitty position with no cover. It could make the entire conversation system a bit more interesting, because then you're looking to talk your way out of a fight for more reasons than paragon points-- although they're getting rid of that system. That being said, the small environments allowed for more "tactical" gunfights.

I love Vanquish, but I don't want to feel like I'm about to play Mass Effect: Vanquish Edition.

Also, it will be really nice if they take a page out of Fallout 2's book, and have a meaningful ending. I really hope this game ends up being more about space politics, and finding a way to co-exist. I want something that's more Star Trek, and less Starship Troopers (not that Starship Troopers isn't great). I want to learn about situations, talk to people, and then have reasonable discussions and debates to resolve situations. All of that experience can lead to a final encounter where you just have a discussion with the big-bad, and perhaps just talk things out. You could go in guns blazing if you want, but I really want to option to play the game in two entirely different ways.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on February 18th, 2017, 2:38 am

Dell

by Dell on February 18th, 2017, 6:50 pm

lol she doesn't look too bad.

You'll be able to customize her anyways ^^

@Mitsukashira - I love Mass Effect 2 on nostalgia I think. I loved it at the time and I always have enjoyable memories of it. Having played it back recently and now playing ME3, yeah it is like a side-quest, and combat is awful compared to ME3. The whole Collectors story is filler since they're basically just Prothean husks and puppets of the Repears. I think part of ME3's failings from the story perspective have to do with ME2 not moving the plot along. Lots of lore and knowledge of the ME universe in 2 though. But I dunno, recruiting an awesome team and going on a suicide mission was still bad ass.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to talk your way out of Andromeda, but I know they've got rid of the Paragon/Renegade system so there will be no definitive good and bad choices, which I guess will make situations feel more spontaneous and harder to control the outcomes, I like that as I was always a mix of red and blue anyways. I dunno how the plot will progress but I'm gonna assume just because it's too perfect otherwise, that there will be some hidden plan behind this Andromeda initiative and it will be shady and shit will go down, a guess but seems a likely one.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on March 17th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Arcadia

Mitsukashira

by Mitsukashira on April 12th, 2017, 12:27 am

After playing this game for an embarrassing amount of time, I can confirm that my suspicions are entirely correct. It's not a very good game. That being said, I do play the underwhelming MP sometimes, so I'm open to doing that if anyone wants to team up. I play on PC.

Dell

by Dell on April 13th, 2017, 7:59 am

My suspicions were right the open world aspect doesn't suit Mass Effect gameplay, should be small enclosed areas although travelling around th beautiful planets is fun. The 1.05 patch fixed a lot of bugs and improved animations which is good.

I dunno, the game isn't amazing but the hate it got is absurd, some sheep mentality shit, mostly people who don't even play ME games, are hating on it with a passion. gotta break it to those twats but ME1-3 all had garbage animations as well, it didn't effect the game much at all. The main problem with Andromeda is the writing and/or how they've produced the voice acting, a lot of it is stiff, sounds recorded out of context with the actors not really knowing exact tones and emotions needed to deliver lines? If that makes sense. That in turn makes you aware of other aspects like poor animations which become more noticeable when you're not immersed and struggling to care about characters.

The more I play the more I enjoy the gameplay and combat tho, going full biotic and combining abilities for the combos across the presets is fun. The tempest is gorgeous as well let's be real, as is the galaxy map.

Running great at 2K ULTRA settings on PC, no problems flawless ty.