Xenoverse 2 Hype

by DIO on October 26th, 2016, 11:04 pm
DIO

by DIO on October 26th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Hello? Anyone getting it on Steam? I bought it twice so I could mod the Steam version.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on October 26th, 2016, 11:23 pm

I have it pre-ordered on Steam. Please play with me D:

DIO

by DIO on October 26th, 2016, 11:28 pm

inv

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on October 27th, 2016, 2:34 am

I pre-ordered on Steam yesterday. Unfortunately, I work a lot now and get home around 2am and go straight to bed. So I won't really get to play for a few days.. and I can't really sink my teeth into the game until my days off, Monday and Tuesday.

NakedGun

by NakedGun on October 27th, 2016, 8:02 am

I gots mine on the PS4 and to be perfectly honest I think it's worse than Xenoverse 1 as far as combat is concerned. I already knew this going in after the beta but whatever.

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on October 27th, 2016, 12:22 pm

PC people can't play till later today unfortunately, which means I can't until like.. tomorrow night.

I see potential in some DBZ games, but in my opinion they all suck. The only ones I felt were good were Legends on PS1 (Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu) and Tenkaichi Budokai 3. I thought Budokai 3 was okay, despite people thinking it was a godlike game for some reason. Ultimate Tenkaichi was the best looking game that played the worst lol. Why can't every game look like Ultimate Tenkaichi? I feel the real issue is that after Budokai 1 came out, all these games have been copy pasted enhanced versions of the same assets. Everyone fights the same as they did on PS2 nearly 20 years ago. Wish we could get a totally built from the ground up experience.

I'm used to all DBZ games being bad. And I felt Xenoverse sucked as well... But, most of these games suck for specific reasons I can actually put my finger on and Xenoverse 2 was addressing a few of them I had with Xenoverse 1. Therefore, I'm thinking I'll like it better. The invisible frames and slow combat was a huge deal and everyone's saying both are improved on. I want my DBZ games fast. Everyone makes slow DBZ games. Why is Narutimate Hero, the definitive DBZ experience?

It's time we all manned up and began accepting mediocrity.. If not just to spite Eric..

NakedGun

by NakedGun on October 27th, 2016, 5:08 pm

I also don't remember xenoverse 1 dropping combos like this thing is.

DIO

by DIO on October 27th, 2016, 6:55 pm

This was the worst thing ever. At least it was free on PS4. I'd feel really bad if I spent money on this.

NakedGun

by NakedGun on October 30th, 2016, 4:48 pm

This is more of an expansion than it is a new game. Slight improvement over xenoverse 1 but where they make one step forward they take two steps back. Most of the story as well as the parallel quests are straight copy and paste from the first game, not to mention if you want to play as a different race your progress wipes and you have to unlock everything from scratch (everything other than equipables).

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on October 31st, 2016, 7:21 pm

I think the combat is a bit better. Feels like there's a little more depth to it.

Also the Steve Aoki music...

NakedGun

by NakedGun on October 31st, 2016, 9:06 pm

Yes, the combat is definitely better. There is so much unnecessary fluff in the game that brings nothing to the table other than extending play time just so the developers can say that people played x amount of hours more than y game. The online, from the limited time I've had so far, was crappy and riddled with lag 50% of the time.

On the plus side, this time around I'm playing a lot more with roster characters than my CAC. Ultimate Gohan is pretty beast, as is SSJ Gogeta.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on November 1st, 2016, 1:11 am

I always feel like I'm cheating if I play with roster characters. Probably because 75% of the games I played online are against SSBlue Gokus.

NakedGun

by NakedGun on November 1st, 2016, 8:44 pm

Not a fan of SSB Goku but SSGSS Goku is pretty badass, especially in PVE. If you connect with Spirit Bomb you have a free shot with Kamehameha as well so you'll be doing about 1.5 to 2 bars of damage, but the down side is your stamina is guaranteed to be broken if you try a super when the enemy is focused on you.

Ultimate Gohan is still my favorite so far. He's got decent combo variety and easily links with his ki attacks as well.

Anime Club
Dylan
Anime Club

by Dylan on November 1st, 2016, 8:56 pm

Ugh, a dragon ball game? I wish they would adapt it into a book format or maybe a visual novel.

Who cares about the fighting? I just want to be immersed in the world of Dragon Ball by reading about hyperbolic time chambers and time traveling, gosh.

Slayer

by Slayer on November 5th, 2016, 8:54 pm

I just want other men to be immersed into my girl.