2016/17 Multiplayer

by NakedGun on September 2nd, 2016, 5:17 pm
NakedGun

by NakedGun on September 2nd, 2016, 5:17 pm

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the multiplayer offerings? I still crave some good PvP experiences on PS4 and the upcoming list of games is looking too weak and quite honestly, I'm thinking the MGSV:Survive might be the best "multiplayer" that comes out within the year (from the announced games). Call of duty looks unappealing from what I saw, Battlefield 1 was never for me since I hate vehicle combat in my shooters, and nothing else really stands out as a big draw. I'm aware most of you guys game on the PC as well and CSGO is the go to for the experience but I feel like that's not quite an option for me at the time since familiarity and convenience is an issue and I don't feel like putting time into re-familiarizing myself with PC controls.

I'm on the fence about Destiny 2 when it gets announced because I did enjoy the shooting in Destiny but the lack of matchmaking for the co-op (along with the time investment here for the raid for us working people) and the unbalanced multiplayer are a bit of negative bullet points.

This year I'm probably going to pick up Xenoverse 2 because why not, I enjoyed Xenoverse for what it was.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the upcoming games and what you're looking forward to and it doesn't necessarily have to be focused on competitive play. Another point to discuss is the new Nintendo console, I'm looking forward to hearing more details about this as well.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on September 3rd, 2016, 1:22 am

I'm getting Xenoverse 2, but I can't really think of anything else I'm looking forward to. Hoping that MGSV Survive isn't terrible.

Verstande

by Verstande on September 3rd, 2016, 1:41 am

csgo

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on September 3rd, 2016, 3:46 am

I'm going to get Xenoverse 2 as well. The only reason I haven't already pre-ordered for Goku Black and shit is because I've been figuring out if I'm buying it on PC or PS4. This is an issue I'm facing a lot lately as a crossover into the PC club.

The PS4's collectors edition comes with an awesome Goku statue that I want, but it seems you can buy that separately anyway. The PC has become more practical. PS4 requires PSN subscriptions and nobody on my friends-list likes me or plays shit with me. Them niggas even remove me from DDC chat whenever I'm let in lol. This is the same on PC, but at least on PC I'm not specifically buying for "playing with MGOers". The appeal of getting it on PS4 is MGOers and being able to sell the game if I want... which I ALWAYS do now. Plus as a collector I NEED physical shit. LIFE IS SO COMPLICATED.

FUCK THE DIGITAL AGE. GiVe mE bAcK my PaYphoNes.

I thought Xenoverse 1 was shitty. I played until level 59 and got stuck in story-mode against Beerus and Whis. The game was too grindy, linear and combat was flawed. Was hard to feel like pouring hours into it; EVERYTHING BECAME A CHORE AND I FUCKING HATE CHORES WHICH IS WHY I WAS PUNISHED A LOT AS A KID. I like buying DBZ games nonetheless and I felt the infrastructure of a decent game was there, so with what Xenoverse 2 promises... I feel I can get a slightly more fun experience in the second installment. Xenoverse 2 has fixed invisibility frames, improved Ki mechanics, etc. Makes the game run faster and smoother.

The thing that drives me craziest with DBZ games is the fucking music and menus. Every game has disgusting cardboard cutout 3rd grade art looking menu design.. and the music grates my fucking ears. Not to mention I feel all the character models and physics of these games are copy pasted from Budokai 1 and they're not even related games. I want a TRULY FRESH DBZ experience.

Fuck Battlefield games, but I might buy Battlefield 1. Again on PC, since MGOers only liked me when I was a girl. Other than these two games though, most of the titles I'm buying are gonna be single player experiences. Not really much seems to be coming out for a great PVP experiences.

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on September 3rd, 2016, 7:28 am

I'm up all night losing tons of GP in Overwatch. Also cursing people out on the mic, it's very therapeutic. I am an anti-bully for sure-- I only use the mic to defend people who're being insulted. I'm surprised at how fast bullies cower when confronted on their lack of respect and gamesmanship. But, I DIGRESS.

Too the point, I have a really painful kink in the right side of my back. Which reminds me of the physical pain PC gaming has caused me and so this is a PSA.

When I first started gaming on PC I'd get sore wrists, shoulders and back. The wrists would die instantly. I thought I'd never be able to adjust... and I felt KB and mouse were very unnatural. It took awhile, but I've leveled up considerably and for the last week all that's left is pain in my back, on the arm of my mouse.

I don't think NakedGun will play PC games, but if he ever does he needs to understand the physical pain of shapeshifting into a PC-fag. That said, the alien feel of something other than a controller doesn't last really long. Although there's games were the controller works best, I find myself choosing the mouse when given a choice. For niggas who can actually get headshots (i.e. ME), the added control and speed is unparalleled. Even in solo shit like Tomb Raider, I try to use the controller so I can play on my TV but it's so stiff and jagged... WONT LIE, the adjustment period can be a bitch (at least it was for me), but it ends up being worth it.

A good model might be, PS4 = Exclusives, PC= Everything else. Not that this will have any influence on your mindset because it wouldn't mine either lol, just sayin'. I think most people will end up finding their way over to the darkside sooner or later.

And I only say this because the library on PC is larger and you may just find your niche little game (although PC also seems to have no answers, wont lie. We should probably just abandon gaming all together)

☆☆☆Fuck PC, WE WANT MGO2 2017☆☆☆
ノー メタルギアオンライン ノー ライフ

NakedGun

by NakedGun on September 3rd, 2016, 8:46 am

All good points there, there's always a way to actually use your preferred control options on any platform right now but even with that I don't want to waste money and energy on a PC especially considering that I game way less now than I did when I was younger. Gaming and multimedia are still pretty much my only hobbies nowdays, I used to do some fishing before too but that gradually fell off.

I wouldn't mind Konami doing an MGO2 port, not even a remaster just a straight port with decent support and maybe a few extra incentives for players along with the all powerful level, rank and GP system.

NakedGun

by NakedGun on September 3rd, 2016, 8:56 am

On the subject of multiplayer games in general, I hope they actually go ahead with the cross-platform play finally even if console players would be at a slight disadvantage overall. I'm even for consoles not having ANY aim-assist vs PC players because aim-assist really rubs me the wrong way at times. I don't know why developers can't just keep it simple. The Titanfall 2 demo was atrocious for me because of all the aiming options that barely changed anything and the fact that they had two different aim speeds for hip and ADS aim. You could probably adjust it to your liking but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. Overwatch does this way better with the speed slider for Widowmaker.

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on September 3rd, 2016, 9:33 am

Aim assist destroys every shooter it's implemented into and doesn't make people improve their aim. It's capping their skill. I see advantages now that I'm gaming on a PC. That said, if I'm to take the average player using keyboard and mouse-- I'd even go with an above average player-- and have them face against someone who's great with a controller.. I honestly don't think there's a huge difference. If you let average assholes use a mouse on MGO2 against ABG, ABG is still going to beat them. The fluidity I felt from years of MGO is still my standard. While I'm playing on PC I like to think, could I outshoot myself here on MGO2 with a controller? The answers always yes. I like to think crazy shit like, while I'm playing CSGO and dying, "if I could use my MGO character in CSGO against all these guys do I think I could trash them? YEA". Of course this is the dumbest idea ever.. and means nothing.

I'm not articulating any of this well because I've been up for like 50 hours. I'm going to sleep in a bit finally and when I'm up I might have to delete everything I've posted in the last few days and re-write.

At the end of the day we have targets we need to hit, if you've become adept and doing that, you'll be fine. Maybe if people are equal in skill the person using a mouse might have a slight advantage, but that doesn't mean you can't fuck most people up. The controller just adds a filter to skill imo. It weeds a lot of people from becoming great. When using a mouse, the novice, has an easier time acclimating and can work on their aiming skill right away. That said, even on PC I don't see many people with an ability to aim. So who knows if that added control benefits them as much as people think. Maybe benefits them in spraying shit down aimlessly.. the controller might even be better for nurturing good aim. Fuck if I know. ughhhhh.. The only people I see with aim on shit like CSGO are MGO cats like Windalgo and B1LL. The enemy is always shooting at toes and shit.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on September 3rd, 2016, 3:40 pm

IriaChan
I'm going to get Xenoverse 2 as well. The only reason I haven't already pre-ordered for Goku Black and shit is because I've been figuring out if I'm buying it on PC or PS4. This is an issue I'm facing a lot lately as a crossover into the PC club.

Please get it on PC. We can be sparring partners.

Anti-Bullying Unit
IriaChan
Anti-Bullying Unit

by IriaChan on September 5th, 2016, 7:40 am

I'm sold. I know a way we can get a years worth training in a single day.

Hopefully this time I'm not low-GP ostracized from playing with you. Within 500GP, when you only get like 1 1/2 GP for a win. Fucking Blizzard. Feels like I'm trying to get into Mind Games.

DIO

by DIO on September 5th, 2016, 10:53 am

Everybody get this for your multiplayer needs.

If you need a shootbang game settle for cod battlefield csgo or mgS. you're not getting anything else. I play mgo2r once every 4 months when i feel like shooting heads.

Anime Club
Arcadia
Anime Club

by Arcadia on September 5th, 2016, 12:57 pm

IriaChan
I'm sold. I know a way we can get a years worth training in a single day.

Hopefully this time I'm not low-GP ostracized from playing with you. Within 500GP, when you only get like 1 1/2 GP for a win. Fucking Blizzard. Feels like I'm trying to get into Mind Games.

Don't worry dude. I've been de-ranking so fast that I'll actually be able to play with you soon.

Also I really hope that we can get XP in Xenoverse for battling each other. In Xenoverse 1 you didn't get ANYTHING for doing player battles, which was really upsetting.

NakedGun

by NakedGun on September 6th, 2016, 8:31 pm

On the subject of the topic, I always thought that F2P Blacklight had potential but again some things killed it for me, mainly lag. The weapons felt pretty good as far as an overall impression, I haven't played the game in a long while though so many things could have changed.

Ninjanuity

by Ninjanuity on September 14th, 2016, 1:41 am

I play chess online add me